Save Our Youth: Become an SMS Buddy!
Are you a fantastic individual? You must be if you’ve come to this page. So, read on:
We are currently seeking volunteers to cover at least two two-hour shifts a month (but would love it if you could spend more time serving bullied kids), and that have access to stable internet via a laptop or desktop computer in a private environment.
To become an SMS Buddy, simply fill out the form below and we will get in contact with next steps.
There are a few conditions and requirements you should be familiar with:
- You must be a legal adult (at least 18 or 19 years of age depending on your location).
- You must consent to a background check by BullyingCanada.
- You must disclose any actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- You must undergo our training program within a reasonable amount of time from acceptance.
- You must be willing to be exposed to trigging or sensitive content–it’s often involved in these situations.
- You must provide confidential, compassionate support without allowing your biases or beliefs to interfere with delivering care.
- You must keep confidential all personally identifying materials that you encounter through our service, except as required by law or in accordance with our internal policies or procedures.
- You must abide by all of our regulations, policies, and procedures.