BullyingCanada created a 365-day-a-year, 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week support network that offers youth life-changing assistance via telephone, online chat, email, and texting.
With a team of 212 trained volunteers from across Canada working tirelessly from their homes, BullyingCanada supplies support and intervention to prevent and stop bullying.
This support service is unparalleled in Canada–going far beyond the typical anonymous counselling offered by other charities. Our volunteers are trained in counselling, suicide prevention, mediation and problem-solving. These heroes identify problems and solve them–stopping bullying and preventing its re-occurrence.
They do this by talking about specific issues with bullied youth and their families; to bullies and their parents; to teachers, guidance counselors, principals, and school board staff; to local social services; and, when necessary, to local police. The end goal is to ensure bullied kids are (and feel) safe and that they’re able to acquire the necessary follow-up care needed to heal.
Typically, BullyingCanada proactively remains involved for two to three weeks, but more complex have required support for months on end to resolve.
No Child Left Behind
Since 2006, BullyingCanada has been the nation’s go-to organization when it comes to anti-bullying efforts. Indeed, we remain the only national charitable organization that provides Canadian youth, their families, and their communities with the support, resources, and information necessary to prevent violence and keep our kids safe.
We take pride in providing childhood victims of violence with the support they need, ensuring that new initiatives and programs can continue to be developed to prevent violence and ensure our children’s safety.
BullyingCanada works tirelessly to advocate on the behalf of youth victims of bullying across the country—building a brighter, more just future for bullied youths and their communities.
Creating Open Minds and Protecting Children
In addition to providing schools and community organization with anti-bullying posters, brochures, and other educational material, BullyingCanada, under the direction of Rob Benn-Frenette, O.N.B., also provides workshops for groups of all sizes.
These workshops empower youth and community leaders to effectively combat bullying and provide innovative ways for them address issues that they face throughout their lives.
Empowering Youth Leaders
The National Scholarship Program was launched in 2013 to give back to youth, with potential recipients nominated by school staff. BullyingCanada recognizes the need to cultivate passionate community leaders, and has developed a national scholarship program to give post-secondary education grants.
These scholarships empower youth who become community leaders addressing bullying in schools.
Please donate now, because every moment counts!
The longer a child is bullied, the more likely they are to develop physical, emotional, and psychological scars that can last a lifetime. Bullying can destroy confidence, leaving kids withdrawn and insecure, with stomach aches, panic attacks, and nightmares. They can’t concentrate at school, and resulting poorer grades can narrow their future opportunities. And when bullying is unrelenting, depression and stress can lead children to take their own lives.
It takes great courage for kids to reach out to us for help. Your gift will ensure every anguished cry for help is answered, any day… any time. Your donation helps us to stick by kids for as long as it takes for us to stop the bullying and give them a brighter future!
Please ensure every call is answered by making a generous, tax-deductible single or monthly gift!
Click here to learn more about our Gift Matching Program, to see if your employer will match your donation to BullyingCanada!
Or you may donate over the phone by calling, at any time:
If you prefer to use the mail, donations may be made by sending a copy of this form and your cheque to:
471 Smythe Street, P.O. Box 27009
Fredericton, NB, E3B 9M1
Generous corporate support plays a vital role in helping BullyingCanada to supporting bullied youth!
Your company can help youth in your community and across Canada by donating in a variety of ways:
- Philanthropic corporate donation
- In-kind donations of your services or products
- Contributions through your cause-marketing programs
- Employee engagement (e.g., volunteering, event participation, fundraising, etc.)
- Matching gifts made by your employees to BullyingCanada
- Advertising support – donation of ad or public service announcement space
Please contact us for more information:
Telephone: (877) 459-7413
You can turn your unwanted vehicle into a generous donation to support Bullying Canada! Working on our behalf, Donate a Car Canada will accept your vehicle for donation – running, or not! Old or new!
There is no cost to you, and the process is incredibly easy! Donate a Car Canada will facilitate all aspects of your car donation from the pick up to the final sale, ensuring that your vehicle will be sold for the highest sale outcome possible. They will then forward the net proceeds on to us at Bullying Canada and we will send you a tax receipt for the car’s value.
Supporting BullyingCanada can be easy and fun! By raising funds for us, you help us provide our services to bullied kids in your community.
No amount is too small or large, and every donation is immediately put to use providing services to bullied youth 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Here are some ideas of events you could host.
- Bowl-A-Thon: Plan a local Bowl-A-Thon in your community or for your workplace or amongst your friends.
- School-based fundraising: Every year, students and schools across Canada host and participate in a variety of fundraising events that help fund our programs and services. If you would like to learn more about how your school can host a fundraiser, please email us at [email protected]
- Community clubs and associations: Local Community Foundations, sports and youth clubs, and associations often support our work by staging events. To learn how your local foundation or group can provide a donation to support our 24/7/365 support network, work please contact us at: 1-877-459-7413 or by email at: [email protected]
Large Gifts & Gifts of Securities
You can have an immediate impact on youth in your community and across Canada by making a significant donation.
By making a donation of $5,000 or more, you are providing bullied youth with brighter futures by helping BullyingCanada provide our essential and ofter life-saving services to youth across Canada, in both English and French, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – by phone, online chat, and through email.
As a community-based national charity, we rely on individual, community, and corporate donations for the majority of our funding. Large gifts play a significant role in sustaining our 24/7 support services, educational scholarships to support teens who are leaders in bullying prevention activities, and our proactive educational presentations on bullying in schools, workplaces, and community centres. Your outstanding generosity also will help us develop and launch new programs and services to keep up with growing demand for our help, and enhance the information and resources we can offer online.
You may find donating appreciated public traded securities attractive, since it with both have a huge impact on the support we can offer, but you will also benefit by not having to pay the capital gains tax on your gift. To benefit from this tax exemption, your gift must be done in a certain way. Please download this document and form, or contact us.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about the impact you want to have with your gift. Please call us at 1- (877) 459-7413 or by email: [email protected]
Leaving a Memorable Legacy
You can have a positive impact on the lives of bullied kids, even long after you are gone, by leaving behind a memorable and compassionate estate gift to BullyingCanada. There are a number of ways to give an estate gift:
- Gift In Your Will: In your will, you can demonstrate your caring for bullied children by designating a gift to BullyingCanada Inc. You can designate a specific sum of money, specific publicly trades securities, a piece of property, or a residual percentage of your estate. It is easy and inexpensive to add a charitable gift to your will by having a lawyer draft a codicil that defines your charitable giving intentions. By doing so, you do not have to have your entire will changed. Ensure your codicil is then stored with your will, and your executor has access to both documents. Download this document to learn more
- Gift of Insurance: A gift of insurance will enable you to use the growing power of insurance to multiply your generosity. You can donate a paid-up life insurance policy you no longer need by making BullyingCanada Inc. the owner and beneficiary of your policy. If there are still payments owing on your policy, by naming BullyingCanada Inc. as owner of your policy, BullyingCanada will send you annual charitable receipts for the premiums you pay over the course of the year. If you name BullyingCanada Inc. as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or any other type of insurance product (annuities, registered savings, segregated funds), then your estate will receive a tax receipt for the full value of the gift. Download this document to learn more
- RRSPs and RRIFs: It is easy to donate the proceeds of your Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP) and Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) to BullyingCanada Inc. Get a beneficiary change form from the financial institution holding these savings and change the beneficiary to BullyingCanada Inc., and advise the institution of the change. Download this document to learn more
If you would like to learn more please contact Donation Services: 877-459-7413 or email: [email protected]
Please Note: The above information is not intended to be legal or financial planning advice. Since everyone’s personal circumstances are unique, we encourage you to seek independent counsel when considering, and before making a large gift or estate gift to us.
Learn how your employer can match your gift to BullyingCanada, by clicking here!